Christina Elizabeth Rodríguez
Christopher House -Greenview- Present
Café Media, Chicago, Illinois, 2008 – 2010
Member of the original Café Media Staff
Staff writer, Producer and Product Manager of El Cafecito e-newsletters, Café con Musica Page Editor
- Experience in writing features, profiles and event driven articles for print publication.
- Has written up to 4 articles an issue.
- Magazine circulation: 45,000, printed 6 times yearly.
- Web writer
- Experience in web writing, including events and on-site daily stories.
- Turn over rate for web articles: 24 hours.
- Highly involved in planning content both for editorial and digital calendars.
- Focused primarily on the music scene, both local and national, on a weekly basis.
Extensive knowledge and use of Social Media networking systems and programs
- Started and oversaw the development of the Café magazine MySpace page, grew to over 550 friends in year.
- Shared responsibility for Café con Musica and Cafe Twitter accounts and Facebook Fan Pages, for collectively over 6,000 friends and followers.
- Developed and executed social media campaigns for music festivals such as Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and Pitchfork.
- Café con Musica Page Editor
- Worked with VP of Development on all strategic issues related to the initiative.
- Connected with companies such as Nacional Records for sponsorships and collaborations.
- Managed artist relations: Contacted artists and built relationships for collaborations.
- Edited web page using Joomla software.
- Final decision maker on featured articles and events.
- Contacted contributors for specific content
- Worked with marketing department on promotion and growth for Café con Musica.
Producer and Product manager of El Cafecito, weekly e-newsletter (Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco)
- Helped design and developed strategic plan for the e-newsletter platform with the CEO of Café Media, as well as other senior department heads.
- Built at least 12 custom content newsletters a month using Constant Contact.
- Managed multiple departments in scheduling of custom content calendar for each market, including the art department for images and design.
- Developed creative content ideas with up to 4 writers located in other markets.
- Assisted with marketing of magazine and company in Los Angeles and New York.
Digital Marketing Coordinator for the United States
Developed strategic marketing plan for Social Media accounts
Worked closely with the CEO to develop marketing strategies
- Began initiative for branding of the company along with the CEO and CTO
- Worked on building fans and followers for 20 Facebook Pages and Twitter accounts
- Copy writer for website
- Created descriptions of the company for website landing pages.
Hispanic Link, 2008 – 2009
Covering political and immigration affairs from Chicago, Illinois.
- Covered events and rallies pertaining to citizenship workshop efforts made by local politicians.
- Featured personal stories about immigrants’ struggles.
- Involvement in weekly teleconference meetings.
- Pitched story ideas and gave updates on political issues.
Field & Court Magazine, 2007 – 2008
Feature sports writer for monthly magazine.
- Local circulation covered the tri-county area
- Feature story on local, long-time basketball coach demanded 250 more copies
- Covered high school volleyball, football and local rodeo
- Game highlights and columns were syndicated to smaller papers around the area.
M.S. Journalism, College of Media, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2008
B.S. Journalism, College of Communications, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2007
Minor in English, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2007
Minor in Spanish, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2007
Study Abroad, CEGRI, International Center for Higher Education, Granada, Spain, 2005
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite,
Apple Final Cut Pro, and Apple Garage Band.
Extensive knowledge and experience in fundraising and program planning.
Good organizational skills, networking skills and communication skills.
Bilingual in English and Spanish; able to read and write fluently in Spanish.
Taught an introduction to journalism course for two semesters to college
sophomores and juniors at the University of Illinois.
Volunteer with students of grammar schools at CHI826, which focuses on creativity and writing.